Samitivej Smart Joint Center
Samitivej Chinatown Hospital - Samitivej Smart Joint Center
The Samitivej Smart Joint Center is a specialized unit for bone and joint health. Our team of highly skilled physicians is ready to provide osteoarthritis patients with comprehensive care, from initial diagnosis through to pharmaceutical treatment and physical therapy. Joint replacement surgery is also our forte.
What are possible symptoms of degenerative joint disease (osteoarthritis)?
Examples of Joint conditions treated at Samitivej Chinatown Hospital
- Joint pain, especially with movement.
- Cracking noise when the effected joints are moved
- Bowed leg, knock knees and other bone deformities
- In-toeing or out-toeing
- Unequal leg length
- Unable to fully extend the knees/hips or unable to extend at the usual degree. Joint discomfort/feeling stiff when standing up, sitting down or climbing stairs
1. Osteoarthritis of the Knee, Osteoarthritis of Hip
2. Inflammatory joint disease: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing arthritis, etc. Mechanical and infectious joint injuries
3. Avascular necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
4. Bowed legs and knock knees
5. Surgical complications: septic and aseptic loosening of artificial joints, bone loss after joint replacement, stiffness after total knee replacement, periprosthetic fracture, prosthetic joint infection, etc.
Degenerative joint disease risk factors
- People over 40s will start to experience some articular cartilage damages
- Congenital anomalies of hips or knees
- Rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing arthritis, joint infections or other bone diseases can increase risk
- Repetitive high impact exercise
- History of joint injuries, Such as joint dislocation and joint fractures.
- Long-term steroid use
- Alcohol consumption
Why Samitivej Smart Joint Center?
We provide you with the best osteoarthritis care with a focus on 5 principles:
Safety: The safest medical care.
Multidisciplinary: Seamless multidisciplinary teamwork.
Advance: Advanced medical technology and equipment, ready to face any level of complication.
Rahabitation: Joint and muscle rehabilitation is the key to the best possible outcome.
Total Joint Care: Total Joint Care, from education and lifestyle modification to pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment.
When should you have joint replacement surgery?
Joint replacement surgery is a highly effective treatment for patients with symptoms of advanced osteoarthritis, such as severe joint pain, joint deformity, stiffness and reduced movement or patients whose quality of life is greatly affected by osteoarthritis.
Samitivej Hospital China Town’s Samitivej Smart Joint Center is staffed with surgeons who are highly experienced and skilled in joint replacement surgery. We are well-equipped with technologically advanced surgical equipment for knee, hip, shoulder and elbow replacement surgery and we have the capability to handle any post-joint replacement complications.